Thursday, October 25, 2012

sunday morning pancakes

When I think of sunday mornings, I think of a lazy morning spent in pajamas.  I think of big family breakfasts and lounging around like a bum.  When I was a kid, my brother and I would get up early and make pancakes for my parents sometimes- just because.  I love pancakes.  Always have.  Always will.
So this morning I woke up and thought to myself that we all needed a lazy Sunday morning.  We stayed in our pj's for hours and had our big sunday morning breakfast together.
I had a package of gluten free organic pancake mix and I just knew this was the morning for it.  I also knew that Zach was now old enough to help mommy make the pancakes.  There is nothing better then cooking or baking with your kids- especially toddlers!  Zach had a great time helping mommy with the mixer and had even more fun organizing the coffee on the counter for mommy and daddy!
Our pancake recipe made a ton of pancakes- enough that we were able to freeze more then half and reheat for the week at breakfast!  Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day- it is the largest meal we eat every day so having breakfast together is a great thing!
He's putting the coffee cup into the measuring cup.  I thought we were making pancakes!

helping with the mixer!

mmmm

We ate together at Zach's new big boy table!  

Gobbling them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment