Sunday, August 5, 2012

The next thing on my list...

Zach has spent the past 3-4 days with a bit of a cold.  This is his very first cold.  He's gotten little bits here and there, but this is the first time I'd ever consider him sick.  Considering he was sick, we had to skip out on our plans of visiting the aquarium.  Instead, we opted for getting a few other things crossed off our list

Board game night!  With our lovely friends, the Coats now gone, we haven't had nearly enough game nights as we used to.  And so, we invited our friends Alicia & Jon over to play with us.  We played Cranium, one of my favorite games because it always seems to provoke some laughs.  We played couple vs couple and low and behold, the Stepanoff team won (it was very close).  We had a great time playing, and I learned that a wrench and a bone can look very similar when Jon is drawing.  
Read a girly novel.  I finally gave in and read 50 Shades of Grey.  I know a lot of people who read it and raved about it.  I decided it fit perfectly into a "girly novel" category and began reading.  I began reading it over a month ago now, and just finished last night.  I never take that long to read a book.  I finished the final Harry Potter in 4 days.  The reason it took me so long to read?  IT WAS HORRIBLE!  

Seriously, why are people going crazy over this book?  For those who don't know what it's about, it's about a girl who meets a guy who's into some crazy things.  It was without a doubt the most poorly written thing I've ever read in my life.  This 22 year old girl said "oh my" every other page, and her inner goddess never shut up.  I rolled my eyes at every page (if you've read this piece of garbage, you get the reference here) due to the fakeness of the entire thing.  There was no plot structure whatsoever.  I don't consider myself a book snob by any means.  I have read Nicholas Sparks books and even succumbed to reading all 4 of the Twilight series.  Though I don't consider any of those books wonderfully written, I was able to get past that and somewhat enjoy what I was reading.  That was far from the truth in the case of the 50 shades.  After reading this book, I feel as if I need to read 50 more books to make up for my lost time spent.  I am seriously upset that I wasted so much of my time on such a make believe book.  I could have spent my time doing much more important things.  

And so, we can now cross two more items off of our list!  More to come very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Alrighty, then, I guess I won't read 50 Shades of Grey. I've heard the title, but didn't know what it was about.

    We (well, Cannon and I) miss our game nights too! We've played scrabble a few times, but that's not nearly as funny as Apples to Apples or some others. Maybe we can Skype and play with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't read it! trust me when I say that you don't want any of the kids picking it up and accidently reading one single page of it! Let's just say it's for mature audiences.

    We miss our game nights! Cranium is always a good laugh, as there is charades, humming, and drawing involved. Hmm... i wonder if there is an online apples to apples game out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you on Fifty...I absolutely hated the way it all ended. It just didn't make any sense and seemed a little "lazy" on the author's part...
    Joey and i looked up Oregon Trail apps and found the actual game on line. It was awesome! I got a disease and died pretty early on in the game...sad.

    ReplyDelete