Friday, August 17, 2012

3 Strikes and you're a pro!

When I was a kid we used to go bowling often.  The rule was that whoever got the first strike was king/queen of the day.  It was always a toss up on who would get it and it ended up being pure luck.  We had fun bowling as kids.  We were able to drink soda for a change (which I cringe at now!), have pizza, and have fun with our family.  It was a fun family activity that I look back at now and smile.  My appreciation for bowling has stuck, though I don't indulge in pizza or soda anymore, I do still enjoy going every once and awhile for kicks.  Luckily, Dima loves it too.  So we were excited to bring Zach with us for his first ever bowling trip.  I know he's a bit young, but this sounded like way too much fun to pass up with him. I want to enjoy so many firsts with him, and this was one I was very excited to experience together.  They have bumpers for kids his age, and these metal things that the child can just push the ball down with.  That way they don't ever have to carry the heavy ball!  We laced our bowling shoes (yes even little man) and began Zach's first ever bowling game!
Aren't those the cutest little shoes?

Cute little feet
Ready to bowl his first time

Push the ball...

Wait for it...
STRIKE!  Yep.  Zach's first first time rolling the ball down and he gets a strike.  He officially became King of the day (which is no different from every day).  I could not believe my eyes.  My 18 month old got a strike.  The rest of the game continued much the same.  We were both so distracted watching him, that we did not focus nearly enough on our own game.  Needless to say, Mommy lost with flying colors.  Zach beat me by a whole 20 points.  In all fairness, I had a 5 pound bowling ball in my tummy and was distracted by the little boy playing behind me as I bowled.  Still, he crushed me and I'm not ashamed to say it.  A very proud Mommy, indeed!  
Crushing both of us here...

He had a lot of fun playing with the balls!

The end Score.  Zach killed me!  
We had a lot of fun playing and I look forward to doing it again.  Hopefully not with a bowling ball of my own in my belly!  In the meantime, I will continue to be baffled by my son's bowling abilities!

Stepanoff Summer Sixty Checkoff:

Bowling

No comments:

Post a Comment