Saturday, February 9, 2013

Random happenings around the house

I realize I've been really slacking in my postings lately.  That is because I truly have been very busy. I cannot believe how busy these two boys keep me.  Zach has been really helping us around the house lately, he just loves being a big boy.  He's constantly wanting to help me "coke" (cook) in the kitchen.  I love having him help me, because it's really teaching him a lot already.  He's been really interested in the foods I prepare, and in counting while I put things together.  He's really observant, and is always begging to stir or pour things into bowls.  I love my little helper!  
He's also been keeping busy playing outside.  We try to get out of the house as much as possible, which proves difficult due to Eli.  We got outside a few times to color with chalk and ride on his tricycle.  He was sporting a famous "somebody loves me from..." shirt today and boy did he look adorable.  It helps that Mommy and Daddy came from that little town.
We also threw our annual super bowl breakfast party.  Thanks to the time change, our super bowl is on a Monday morning.  This has been our 4th super bowl morning in Okinawa, and I like the tradition so much that I will continue to keep it going even if we move someday.  
What was really special about this year though was that for the first time in YEARS Mommy's team was playing!  Yes, the 49ers are my favorite team.  Always have been, always will be.  So we set up a waffle bar and a yogurt bar with all the fixings.  Who doesn't love breakfast?  I know it's my favorite meal of the day (and the most important!) so having our waffle/yogurt bars made it special to me.  
Unfortunately, on very short notice, Dima was sent to Korea for work.  We didn't get to celebrate the super bowl together.  This happened last year too.  But in any case, we still had fun.  And even though the niners lost, I am proud to say that they at least made it to the superbowl after all these years.  
Yes, those are niners flags on the waffles!

Some of the fixings- dark chocolate, raisins, peanut butter chips, chocolate, vanilla granola, fruit granola, berries, strawberries, and bananas!  Yum!

It's truly been a crazy few weeks here, but we're having so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment