Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My life these days

If you had told me 5 years ago that I would be married, living in Japan, with a dog, a 14 month boy and another on the way, I would have laughed.  Seriously.  Five years ago, well let's just say I was a bit of a party animal.  Let's take a look back at where I've come from.
Yep.  That's me on the right.  Beer in hand, and jello shots on the way!
Let's just say my sense in fashion has changed quite a bit since as well.  I went through a bit of an 80's phase.
Interestingly enough, this was the night I met my husband.  Here we are playing around.  I ended up hitting his lip a few seconds after this and making him bleed.

Ok, embarrassing pictures over.  I had quite a wild few years there, but I strongly think it's helped shape me into the person I am today.  Why the flashback, you ask?  Well this morning I woke up to this:
Mr. Bear was watching tv, drinking a beer, while searching the internet on my laptop.  
And this is what my life has become.  No longer do I get joy from those crazy nights drinking my night away.  Instead, it's the little things, like a bear stealing my laptop, that makes me truly smile.  It's things like this that make my day these days:
 What does a bunny say, Zach?
Cuddle time mama?

I never could have imagined in a million years that 5 years from then, I'd have this life.  I never dreamed that a little smile from a bald boy would make me so happy.  I would trade every one of those jello shots for one little smile any day.  But it's our past that makes our future what it is.  It just makes it that much more special to me now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment