Friday, April 27, 2012

It's a _______ ???!!!

It seems like just yesterday I was laying on the table in a dark room looking at images of my little boy, knowing that in just 20 weeks, I would be a proud mommy.  That day has come and went and it has surely been the ride of a lifetime.  Well de javu has hit once again, and today I was in the same situation.  Same dark room, only looking at a new little one on the screen.  
Today was the day.  I woke up, knowing I had to pee, but not being allowed to.  I got the chance to skype both of my parents, and went on to getting ready for my day.  Though it's too late at this point, I put on pink with some touches of blue to celebrate my new little one today.  
Dima joined me at the hospital, but due to hospital policy, he was not allowed in the room for part of the exam.  This is a precaution they take, as they are checking vital organs in the baby during this time and need quiet and concentration.  I was able to see the bladder (before he/she peed and emptied it!), the heart, much of the brain, the kidneys, stomach, and the placenta.  I was then able to go to the bathroom (ahhhh... what a wonderful feeling!) and grab Dima to come in for the rest of the exam.  
We saw more of the baby including some great shots of the face.  I am reminded of Z at this stage every time I see the baby.  He/she even has the same profile as he did!  We even caught a wave from him/her while looking.  
This part of the exam is when they usually tell the parents what they are having.  Exciting huh?  Well, not for us.  We have decided that since we will be in the states in just under 2 weeks now, we should wait and find out together!  We had a photo of those parts printed out, and the gender written on a piece of paper and shoved into an envelope.  Both Dima and I do not know what this paper says, or what that photo reveals at this time.  It has been sealed and will not be opened for a few weeks.  While in the states, we will bring this envelope to a baker and ask them to bake a cake for us with the appropriate color inside.  While with our family, we will cut this cake together and learn what we are having.  How much more interesting it will be to be surrounded by family as we find out.  
And so, the envelope sits, ready to be packed up for our adventure on SUNDAY!  We cannot wait to sightsee next week, and be with our family the following week.  Here are some non revealing photos of the baby.  Don't forget, if you haven't voted, you can still get in some guesses about the gender/weight/height/due date on the website at the bottom of the page!  
Cute little feet.  I wonder if this baby will have webbed feet too?

Do I see some muscle in those arms?  Maybe mommy's lifting will reflect on our baby too!

A wonderful side shot

Looking so much like Zach!


No comments:

Post a Comment