Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome home Dada

It has been a long 2 months with the hubby gone.  We have dealt with longer deployments in the past, but this one has been the hardest for me thus far.  Not only do I have a toddler walking around the house now, but I have been going through some extreme bouts of exhaustion.  Not to mention the sun literally has not come out since Daddy left in January!  Thankfully, the storm has settled just in time for Dada's arrival last night!  
Unfortunately, Dada came in around 7pm, so Zach was already fast asleep upstairs. The dog however was wide awake, and ran to his side the moment he walked in the door.  He won't leave his side now.  He's such a daddy's boy.  Though he is partial to Zach when he has food too.  
Though the reuniting is always a wonderful thing, it often takes quite an adjustment.  When Dima left, Zach was barely walking around the house yet.  Now, he runs around and is like a kid instead of a baby.  I absolutely love this stage, but it's very different from 2 months ago! Our lives have adjusted in a result of these changes, so we've developed quite a routine by now.  And so once again, I will be spending the next week or so teaching Daddy all about our new routine, and finding ways to incorporate him into this routine.  I am so used to doing everything myself by now, that it will have to take some adjusting to get daddy involved.  Don't get me wrong, I'd take him home any day, but it's always an adjustment when he gets home.  I'm sure my military friends completely understand where I'm coming from.  
In any case, I am ecstatic that he's home for a very exciting few months ahead of us.  We have a trip to Tokyo planned in April, followed by a 2 week stay in the states for Dima's brother's wedding!  Not to mention many other exciting things in the works!  Welcome home Daddy.  We couldn't be happier that you're here with us now!

Neko snuggling with Daddy in the morning

Zach holding onto Daddy in pure excitement in the morning before work!

No comments:

Post a Comment