Saturday, March 17, 2012

The luck of the Irish

Not being Irish, St. Patrick's day was never one of those holidays I looked forward to.  Drinking beer filled with disgusting artificial green dye wasn't exactly on my list of things to do in college, not to mention I don't look particularly great in green.  But just as with valentine's day, I have found ways to embrace this holiday this year.  Beware, more holidays in the making!

This year, a special leprechaun has arrived in the Stepanoff house to hide a very special pot of gold!  Can you find the pot of gold?
This little leprechaun is here to announce....
 ...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
 He is going to be a big leprechaun!
As in, a BIG BROTHER!

That's right.  Baby number 2 is on the way.  And don't you worry, just as I have photographed much of my pregnancy and first year with my first little leprechaun, leprechaun number 2 will come with his/her own new projects for your viewing pleasure!  

Baby number 2 will be coming to Okinawa in September of 2012, making the kiddos about 20 months apart.  Yes, this is quite a close age difference, but the plan has always been to have them close.  It will surely be difficult, but I strongly believe it will end up being worth it in the end.  

I have kept this a secret for some time now, having found out in early January about our new little one. I am currently 14 weeks along (3 1/2 months), and am barely starting to show.  It has been a very long first trimester.  I struggled with some pretty severe exhaustion, and with the hubby gone, this was a very difficult time for me.  With a 1 year old walking running around, a dog constantly at my side, and lots of other responsibilities, the exhaustion couldn't have come at a worse time.  I just about broke on many occasions.  But alas, the dust has finally settled, and I am feeling much more myself these days (with a quick power nap in the afternoon).  

As for how baby #2 is doing, all seems perfect.  I have been feeling him/her kick a LOT already (they say it's sooner with your second) but it's only that butterflies feeling that Dima can't yet feel.  I recently had an ultrasound done and he/she looked to be growing exactly on target, happily moving around.  We are still trying to decide whether or not we want to know the sex this time around, but my gut is telling me it's another boy already.  Boys are wonderful, so this would be great.  Not to mention Zach would have a great friend in his little brother!

I will be using this blog this time to document this pregnancy.  I will no longer be using my Facebook for those updates!  So please, click the "follow" button on this page to follow our adventures in this pregnancy, raising a 1 year old, and life in Okinawa.  

I end this post with a question to all of my friends and family:
What are your opinions on finding out the sex of your child?  Did you/will you find out the sex of your child?  What are the pros and cons of not finding out?  Is it something you would suggest to someone in their second pregnancy?  

No comments:

Post a Comment