Monday, October 31, 2011

Can you tell me how to get to sesame street?

Sesame street.  I remember watching it in the mornings with my brother before preschool.  I distinctly remember playing with play doh while learning my colors, letters, and numbers.  Little did I know then that the show would still be around when I had my own child.  Last year the show only played 2 times on base, and many of my friends didn't even get in.  Luckily, this time it played many times and there were many free seats!
Waiting on the show to start.  Zach was getting really tired

Then Elmo came on stage!  he stopped in his tracks and was glued to the stage!

The best thing about this show was it had a beautiful message behind it.  As military families, we move around-a LOT.  While this gives us some great opportunities, like seeing new places and meeting new friends, it can be extremely hard for kids.  This show was all about moving and how kids can look at the bright side of moving.  They can keep in contact with their friends back home, and can look forward to meeting new friends at their new duty station.  

At the end of the show he started to get tired again

My wonderful family

After the show we went home so Zach could nap.  After his nap,we made our way to the playground down the hill.  

Mom, just let me play...

Even Neko came.  He really wanted to play on the playground with his little brother.

He was trying so hard to climb up!

We had a great family day today.  I am truly lucky to have such great boys in my life.  This is a mom's life... I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment