Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Banana oatmeal

We like food in this house.  Dima can eat 5 1/2 hot dogs in one sitting before going out to dinner (as I once learned at ikea in Virginia).  I love to cook.  I am constantly scouring the internet for interesting and different HEALTHY recipes for us to eat. Health is one thing that I will be insisting be a part of my child's life.  So I am constantly coming up with something new to cook for my little man.  This morning I decided to do some experimenting with some of the foods i already know Zach likes.  My boy is a big fan of pumpkin (good thing, because I've purchased about 10 cans, as the commissary tends to run low this time of year) and enjoys sharing a banana with mommy in the mornings.  I was not at all surprised at his liking this oatmeal this morning. I told myself I'd start writing down these recipes so I will not lose them.  So here it is.  Like I said, I did this on a whim and didn't measure anything.  I just created the cereal/oatmeal to the consistency Zach likes then added in some banana and pumpkin puree.

Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal
Baby rice cereal/oatmeal (whatever your little one prefers or you have on hand)
Breastmilk/formula
1 Tablespoon pumpkin
1/2 banana, (pureed or in small chunks, depending on baby's age)
dash of cinnamon

Zach loved this.  I think breakfast is his favorite meal of the day.  He rarely makes a face at me while eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment