Saturday, November 12, 2011

HAPPY 236TH BIRTHDAY MARINES!

Ask any Marine.  Just ask.  They will tell you their birthday is November 10, 1775 at Tun Tavern.  Anything after that is just a bit of a blur.
And so it's here, another Marine Corps birthday.  Last year I had to skip out because dima was deployed. The year before that I didn't know many people because we were about to move here.  And the year before that I didn't know anyone because we were not yet married and I still lived in Connecticut.  So this year I was very excited to be attending a ball with the most amazing Okinawa family.  Though they're Navy, the Coats and Baileys appreciate the Marine Corps and their history.  So with the presentation of colors, the cutting of the cake, then passed from the oldest to the youngest Marine, we were off to enjoy our meal and drinks!
Dima and I waiting on our food
This year was very different from past balls because we knew everyone at our table.  We didn't have to make small talk with strangers we would never see again just to get through the night.  This year our table was full of the friends we brought and the family we have developed.  
Jess, Louise, and I

The boys- Chris, Dima, and Steve

The crew.  Chris, Jess, Steve, Louise, Dima, Krimp

Jess and I

After a great meal (I believe the steaks that the rest of my table ordered were like hockey pucks) and some traditional cake, the music started and the fun began.  Now if you know me, you know I don't drink.  But somehow I ended up having 2-3 glasses of wine.  There goes our DD! If you know me, you also know that i do not dance.  Period.  I'm as white as they get on the dance floor.  I'm from Connecticut, we aren't known for our dancing skills!  But somehow this year with the combo of the wine and the friends, I did end up on the dance floor.  Though I didn't know most of the songs (something about Jagger?) I tried my best to keep with the beat.
And that's when it got crazy...




At the end of the night, we called our trusty friend, Joe to pick us up.  He was so nice, waiting outside the Delica and everything!

I was able to sit in the front with Joe, but the rest of our crew were crazy in the back of the car.  

We had a great time.  I cannot hesitate to say that this was the best Marine ball I've been to.  Thanks to our great friends for joining us and making the experience better!

1 comment:

  1. We had an awesome time, too, Krimp! Thanks for taking us. And despite what you think, you've "Got the Moves Like Jagger"!

    ReplyDelete